- All residential units not subject to RSO are now protected under the City's Just Cause Eviction Ordinance. This applies after the expiration of the initial lease or 6 months of continuous occupancy, whichever comes first.
- Just Cause Eviction must have a legal reason to evict a tenant.
- Landlord must pay relocation assistance for no-fault eviction.
- Effective Jan 27, 2023, any written notice terminating tenancy must be filed with LAHD within 3 business days of service on the tenant.
- All no-fault evictions must be filed with LAHD, submit required fees, and pay the tenant relocation assistance before a notice to terminate a tenancy is issued to the tenant.
- Landlords are to provide a summary of the renter's rights for tenancies. It should also be posted in accessible common area of the property.
- Landlord can't evict tenant who falls behind on rent unless the tenant owes an amount higher than the Fair Market Rent.